Monday, February 28, 2011

First two tier


In the lead up to my first two tier cake order later in the month, I have spent the weekend baking my very first attempt at a two tier cake. I am so sick of eating chocolate mud cake... hmmm I never thought I would say those words, so I decided to make the bottom tier white chocolate mud cake. The top tier was chocolate, as this also served as a taste test for the client. While the whole thing was just a thrown together cake, I really like it, and I would almost go as far as saying it is my favourite so far! I made use of my trial frangipanis that I had made last week to put on top of the cake, and I think the whole thing came together beautifully. The only thing I am not happy with, was my choice of ribbon, it was pink curling ribbon, I have now learnt that you cannot substitute a satin, grossgrain or organza ribbon with curling ribbon.... it just doesn't look right!

No comments:

Post a Comment